Team Model Inc 2
Please login or register to view the full TM forum
Team Model Inc 2
Please login or register to view the full TM forum
Team Model Inc 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hardcore RC

HomeFacebookLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team ZMC Diff case & Diff

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
banners

Team ZMC Diff case & Diff Empty
PostSubject: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:21 am

I decided before Christmas to treat myself to an alloy diff case on the punisher. Nothing wrong with the stock one but thought, why not? Santas treat to me lol
Well it sat there in the kitchen like a huge HINT! And Santa forgot to bring me the rest of the diff (she doesn't read this, my life is safe ;) ) so today the rest of my order arrived to totally rebuild the rear diff.

First impressions?

The diff case looks very impressive. The machining looks nice, holes all line up properly, threaded holes all look good and feel nice to screw into. You're supplied with all the screws needed to assemble and to bolt to the chassis. The screws are labelled A2 on the countersunk M5's so I'm assuming they're all stainless.The only thing I've supplied is a drop of threadlock. I'm very happy with the quality of manufacture of the case. Stainless bolts will divide people's opinions, I personally don't mind them as they don't corrode like standard steel bolts.

Team ZMC Diff case & Diff 12012011821

Team ZMC Diff case & Diff 12012011820

The alloy diff is a superb looking bit of kit. The cover lines up well, the screws again feel nice. They come without oil or grease so need a bit of something in there. Being a basher it's a few blobs of grease for me :) . The internals look good, well machined and from a solid lump rather than cast. The gears look as good as the nutech ones in the stock diff. But where as the stock diff requires you to fiddle with tiny pins on the outer gears to the cups, these are splined for easy removal and the ability to replace them simply. A much, much better way forward IMO. The gears are also packed with several shims so you can adjust if need be. I didn't feel the need to fiddle so left them all in.

Team ZMC Diff case & Diff 12012011815

I needed to threadlock the ring gear screws, a bit of an oversight maybe but it could catch one or two out. It's easily done Team ZMC Diff case & Diff 795379 . Back on the plus side, both are supplied with the relevant bearings installed which I think is a nice touch

Team ZMC Diff case & Diff 12012011819

So yes, it is £160 but I think it more than justifies itself so far. Hopefully I'll install it and get it running for the weekend so I can report back. It's nice to have some half decent parts rolling in to production too for this buggy.

One last picture, of it all assembled with a ZMC shock tower on too (destined for the front) - get me with the bling lmao rofl

Team ZMC Diff case & Diff 12012011823

And yes, I got bored with a sharpie:lol: A big thanks to Nigel at freeprawn for persevering and getting these goodies
Back to top Go down
mynameismud76

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:33 am

That's sweet as aaaaa nut!!!!

Grease it, fit it, runnnnnn it!!!!

Those spline drives are such good idea!!

Those cups looks like the hard ones as well! Extra sweetness!

The shock tower is awesome, 6mm thick!! Used with the Blackbone front tower brace, should give you one solid front shock tower!!

Back to top Go down
banners

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:39 am

Even better mate, they're 7mm!

I'm really liking the whole kit, looks like ZMC may be the way to go for some economy bling :)
Back to top Go down
mynameismud76

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:56 am

Oh, my mistake, thought they were 6mm.

7mm should do the trick, Blackbone or no bone..LOL

Team ZMC Diff case & Diff IMG_1545

They're threaded shock bodies did the trick very nicely last Sunday. Can have super fine preload adjustments and not having to be stuck between 10mm preload and 15mm preload tubes.

Super impressed with the diff housing as well, should hold the diff to pinion mesh pretty solid =)
Back to top Go down
HOSS
Admin
Admin
HOSS

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:05 am

Bloody Hell Steve
Those Are really flash

proper BLING

But will do an awesome job on there

Top work fella

MIKE yours is looking Fantastic, you can hardly tell its a Punisher these days
Back to top Go down
https://teammodellinc.forumotion.com/forum.htm
mynameismud76

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:14 am

Thanks buddy =)

Looks even less Punisher like with Yanto's old shell..LOL.

Notts and Derby club meet this Sunday, fancy it guys? Freeprawn Racing will be there to demo tasty new car!!
Back to top Go down
banners

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:27 am

lol thanks Hoss, yeah, looks like I'm becoming an alloy whore!

Mud, I'll be dropping in for a gander on Sunday.

It's great to see the punisher getting more hop up parts.
Back to top Go down
4x4 freak
S2000 FTW <3
S2000 FTW
4x4 freak

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:44 am

Looking great both of them are,

What time is the Notts and Derby meet?

I have a early Sunday so might pop down,

:)
Back to top Go down
https://teammodellinc.forumotion.com
mynameismud76

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:56 am

Cheers Phil =)

Pop down if you can man, be good to see ya (been aaaages).

It all kicks off around 9am, and should still have racing till late afternoon (4 ish).
Back to top Go down
4x4 freak
S2000 FTW <3
S2000 FTW
4x4 freak

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:05 am

Well i finish work at 1 so will see what i can do,

Whats the prospects of getting a cheap set of FG wheel and tryes?

Just want a really cheap set to try if i blow another foam out these rubbish prolines,

Hopefully i can get out of work on time and get down for a hour or so,

GOOD
Back to top Go down
mynameismud76

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:14 am

Chances should be pretty good man, give Nigel at Freeprawn a shout..he might be able to sort something out, if not somebody at the track might.

Do drop by man, you need directions to the track?
Back to top Go down
4x4 freak
S2000 FTW <3
S2000 FTW
4x4 freak

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:28 am

NG16 2DE is the postcode from what my Satnav says from last time i went so should be fine,

If i get away from work on time i will head down,

smile
Back to top Go down
mynameismud76

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:36 am

Cool, see you Sunday buddy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team ZMC Diff case & Diff   Team ZMC Diff case & Diff Empty

Back to top Go down

Team ZMC Diff case & Diff
Page 1 of 1